The City of Minneapolis, Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) and development team (together as the project team) welcome community input on the Upper Harbor redevelopment project. Check the events page for upcoming engagement opportunities.
Project updates and engagement opportunities will be promoted through:
- This project website upperharbormpls.com
- Email updates
- Media including local radio spots and social media channels of the City and MPRB
- Print ads in local papers including but not limited to North News and Insight News
Upper Harbor Collaborative Planning Committee
The Minneapolis City Council established the 17-member Upper Harbor Terminal Collaborative Planning Committee (UHT CPC) to work with the project team on community engagement, refinement of the Phase 1 development plan and visions for future development phases. Committee members were appointed by the Minneapolis City Council on May 17, 2019.
MPRB Community Advisory Committee
The MPRB’s 17-member Community Advisory Committee (CAC) will work with the MPRB on the next phase of Upper Harbor park planning, including coordinating with the City and developer on infrastructure and private developments that will interact with the future park areas on site.
Previous Community Engagement
The City and MPRB have collaborated on engagement around Upper Harbor redevelopment planning since 2015.
The previous phases of engagement have:
- Informed the Request for Qualifications and selection of the master development team in 2017
- Provided input that was considered during preparation of the draft Concept Plan
- Resulted in revisions to the Concept Plan before it was approved by City Council on March 1, 2019.