The Upper Harbor Community Engagement Learning Table is a space to advance development that strengthens the social fabric of the existing North Minneapolis community, bring greater wealth and local ownership into the community, and foster stronger relationships between North Minneapolis and the Mississippi River.
The Learning Table provides the “learning water”; a place to ask critical questions and develop the “learning glue”; a place to develop relationships, create partnerships, and make commitments to explore ideas for incorporation in the development for the initiative. Each Learning Table theme is directly related to development topics with a goal to:
- Learn together
- Create a shared approach
- Coordinate efforts
Learning Tables are convened by Pillsbury United Communities and Environmental Justice Coordinating Council (EJCC) in partnership with the City of Minneapolis and McKnight Foundation.
Event dates and topics
Learning Tables events are generally held from 4:00-8:00 p.m. on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, from July-October 2019.
- July 17th @ Pillsbury United Communities Oak Park Center
- Housing Options and Affordable Housing at Upper Harbor
- August 21st @ NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center, 1256 Penn Ave N, 5th floor
- Housing: A Deeper Dive
- September 18th @ NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center, 1256 Penn Ave N. 5th floor
- Entertainment Venue & Community Ownership
- October 16th @ NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center, 1256 Penn Ave N. 5th floor
- Public infrastructure/public realm and parks
Learning Table event information is also available on the PPP-EJCC Facebook page and Eventbrite for event registration
For questions about the event contact DeVon Nolen at Devonn@pillsburyunited.org